Wednesday, 3 December 2014

30 days of books for christmas - not that kind of girl

Imagine recording all your squeamish memories and publishing them for the world to see. Uni, boys, hang ups about your weight, dipping a toe in the working world for the first time - it's all there for us to reflect on in Lena Dunham's Not That Kind of Girl. Rolling from choking hilarity to embarrassingly awkward, chapters include '18 Unlikely Things I've Said Flirtatiously', '13 Things I've Learned Are Not Okay to Say to Friends', 'This Is Supposed to Be Fun? Making the Most of Your Education' and 'Emails I would Send If I Were One Ounce Crazier/Angrier/Braver'.

Lena Dunham writes with amazing honesty and always leaves me with a smile on my face - and there's a fine line between whether it's an amused smile or an oh-my-god one, but a smile all the same.  If you enjoyed her HBO series Girls, rush out and buy this book - there will be no regrets. If you're unacquainted with Dunham's work, now's the time to make your introductions.  Check out  Ask Lena on her website, then track down her book and tv series!  Enjoy!

Have you watched Girls or read Not That Kind of Girl? Were they your cup of tea?!

PS Cover image via here and collage via Picmonkey.

2 comments: