Friday 19 December 2014

30+ days of books for christmas - the full list

And that's a wrap! My 30 days of books for Christmas has taken more than 30 days to put together and includes 32 publications - but what a list! I've been putting this post together with a warm fuzzy glow, thinking about all the wonderful titles featured during this series. From the multi-award winning Narrow Road to the Deep North to the exquisite Stanley and the Hot Air Balloon, there's something for everyone. I can't wait for my Christmas presents - something tells me I'll have my head in a book, with more to blog about in 2015! Roll on the New Year and more great reads to come.

The complete list of 30+ days of books for Christmas:
  1.  Delicious Ruth Reichl
  2. We are all completely beside ourselves Karen Joy Fowler
  3. Stanley and the Hot Air Balloon Kate Bruning 
  4. Big Little Lies Liane Moriarty
  5. Confessions of a Qantas Flight Attendant Owen Beddall
  6. The Tea Chest Josephine Moon
  7. The Mapmaker Chronicles - Race to the End of the World AL Tait
  8. The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes Anna McPartlin
  9. The Good House Ann Leary
  10. The Signature of All Things Elizabeth Gilbert
  11. The Invention of Wings Sue Monk Kidd
  12. The Age of Miracles Karen Thompson Walker
  13. The Art of Adapting Cassandra Dunn
  14. My Salinger Year Joanna Rakoff
  15. The One Plus One Jojo Moyes
  16. The Vacationers Emma Straub
  17. Big Stone Gap Adriana Trigiani
  18. The Relatives Came Cynthia Rylant
  19. How Lucky You Are Kristyn Kusek Lewis 
  20. Not That Kind of Girl Lena Dunham 
  21. Dork Diaries Rachel Renee Russell
  22. Where'd you go Bernadette? Maria Semple
  23. Burial Rites Hannah Kent
  24. God is an Astronaut Alyson Foster
  25. We are called to rise Laura McBride
  26. The Narrow Road to the Deep North Richard Flanagan
  27. Think Like a Publisher Randy Davila
  28. An American in Oz Sara James
  29. A recipe for dreaming Bryce Courtenay
  30. Father Christmas Raymond Briggs
And two bonus books!
Gardens are for Living Judy Kameon
Pippi Longstocking Astrid Lindgren, illustrated by Lauren Child

Collage image credits as follows:
Top Row Pippi Longstocking, Not That Kind of Girl, God is an Astronaut, An American in Oz
Middle Row Where'd you go Bernadette, The Vacationers, Big Stone Gap, Burial Rites
Bottom Row We are called to rise, Stanley and the Hot Air Balloon, The One Plus One, Think Like a Publisher


4 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that my head will also be in a book too hun,not only because I want to block out much of the awfulness that is in the air at the moment but because HELLOOOOOO you have given us so many awesome books to choose from. Merry Christmas to you and your gorgeous girl. And peace xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Son, I hope you find something to read here that you love! I've been reading as much as I can during the hols, never enough time though! Happy 2015. Cheers, Lucy

      Delete
  2. Here I am again, finally! I'm so curious to know the latest developments (if there are any) concerning your first manuscript. I've been wondering about it quite a bit recently, so let me know, if you feel like it.

    All the very best to you all over there xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Isabelle! So good to hear from you! I've just finished my writer's edition, so hopefully the questions will be answered there. Nothing to report yet, but still a couple more months to go. Second ms going well, although not much achieved during the school hols. How are things over there? Too cold?! Cheers, Lucy

      Delete