Sunday, 2 November 2014

october 2014 in pictures - instagram

I'm having such a love affair with my camera!  Partly it's the sheer joy of taking pictures of plants grown in our own garden, but also because it's such an important form of communication.  I love the notion that an idea is framed, captured and expressed all in one simple click of a button.  The visual message is conveyed so easily, no need to speak a common language, no need, even, to read.  Something that people of any age can look at and understand and enjoy.

Have you been getting your camera out lately?  What's been your focus?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful - We'll ring later to say a belated happy birthday to Sophie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of those roses. You are clearly in a different season to us in the UK. I'm no great photographer but I like the idea of taking a picture a day to record my life, something I'm planning to start in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a bit of a gamble when I bought the roses, not sure how they would all fit in together but I'm absolutely delighted with them! And yes, a very different season, everything coming back to life here.

      Delete