Monday, 17 November 2014

30 days of books for christmas - the mapmaker chronicles

Allison Tait's The Mapmaker Chronicles - Race to the end of the world landed in our house to much excitement.  I've interviewed Allison here on the blog and couldn't wait to get my hands on the first of this trilogy - not just for me, but for the whole family.  My son Tom, aged 11, was hooked right from the start and has already begged that we get the rest of the series (as they become available.)

Who better than to recommend the book than its ideal reader?!  Over to Tom:

The Mapmaker Chronicles - Race to the end of the world is a great book for all those adventurers out there who enjoy a bit of medieval action. The story is about this young boy named Quinn who gets appointed for a quest to make a map in a race around the world. His crew come across fire-breathing creatures at sea, cannibals, treacherous enemies and fearsome storms along the way. They are put to the test to come up with the best map in the quickest amount of time. But, will they succeed?

This is, without a doubt, the best christmas present for your children over the summer holidays because they will absolutely adore it!

Now if that's not a call to go out and buy the book, I don't know what is!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I actually bought this book last night for my nephew for Christmas - he is going to love it. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty great review from an eleven year old too! I was thinking of getting this one for my nephew for Xmas. So I'm pretty happy.
    Also I sneakly wanted to read it too... Lol

    ReplyDelete