Tuesday, 25 November 2014

30 days of books for christmas - the art of adapting

The Art of Adapting by Cassandra Dunn centres on Lana, her two children and brother who find themselves housemates following her separation.  Each of them experience growth throughout the novel, helping each other directly and indirectly in order to do so.  Family is one of my favourite themes in reading and I loved these characters and enjoyed watching their relationships strengthen.  A particularly good read at Christmas, as Lana examines her life and decides what she wants from her future, something the New Year often prompts us to do.

Have you read The Art of Adapting?  What was your take on it?  Otherwise, do you have any recommendations for my list?

PS Cover image from here and collage via Picmonkey.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read this book but it sounds good. The title in itself is intriguing.
    I would recommend Caribou Island. What a riveting novel, it left me breathless! All about the difficulty of men/women relationships and unfulfilled dreams. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabelle,

      How are you?! It was just a really gentle read that I thoroughly enjoyed. I haven't heard of Caribou Island, so I will look it up and add it to the list!

      Cheers

      Lucy

      Delete