Friday, 14 November 2014

30 days of books for christmas - big little lies

This is one trivia night you would be happy to miss - depending on your degree of curiosity and morbidness!  By the end of the function, one person is dead and nobody is talking.  The police think it's murder, but don't have the evidence.  Big Little Lies, Liane Moriarty's latest bestseller, zips back in time to six months prior to the event.  We meet three key characters, each of whom the novel focusses on in turn, and start to put together the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Big Little Lies is the first of Liane Moriarty's novels that I've read and I wasn't disappointed.  Her clever writing style has you laughing one moment, shocked the next and all the while completely engaged with the text.  I would highly recommend this novel for anyone who likes a mystery and really delving in to other people's lives - you'll see what I mean once you start reading!  What's been best for me, is that Liane has written a number of other novels and now I have the joy of tracking them all down and reading them - don't you just love that?!

Please feel free to add your book recommendations in the comments which I will add to the 30th post - all in time for Christmas shopping!

2 comments: