Thursday 16 October 2014

in the garden...

Recent warmth has made our garden leap alive with budding roses starting to flower, snowball viburnum bursting into showy balls of white, pink pig face opening and closing as the days rise and fall.  Every time I go out, there is something else to see - this morning I noticed a new day lily is about to flower, one of a few we bought from our local market earlier in the year.  I've snapped unopened rose buds from their bushes and brought them inside, the heady scent of Papa Meilland leaving me desperate for more.  Another season to enjoy, admire and soak in - another season in our garden.

Are you enjoying the awakening of your spring garden or are things starting to shut down for winter?!  What is taking your fancy as you look at the world around you?

8 comments:

  1. Everything getting ready for the long winter sleep here in Scotland! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shutting down for winter here in Scotland.... but there are still some flowers fighting the trend. Enjoy the spring colour popping up everywhere. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving spring colour Christina! Enjoy your earthy autumn colours!

      Delete
  3. Your roses are devine…..such a beautiful time of year in the garden! Would make for a lovely outdoor office, although I'd get too distracted amongst all that loveliness ! Happy writing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie! I wish I could work out there too, but there would be too much staring and not enough typing!

      Delete