Monday 27 October 2014

fun of the fair...

Is there anything better than the clowns on show day?  I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of these bright sparks at our local agricultural show this weekend.  We braved an unseasonably hot day to join the crowd.  People ducked for shade wherever they could, even if it was just a small patch at the end of an amusement ride.  The kids had two activities each, including the bouncy castle, boat ride and dodgem cars - I won't be in a hurry to go in a car with them, I can tell you!
It was sweltering in the pavilion after a few hot days in a row.  Someone suggested they should hire a person to overnight there in that instance and open the doors when the cooler night air comes in - what a fabulous idea!  Despite the oppressive heat, I was I thoroughly inspired by the roses - this prize-winning entry makes me want to enter my own next year - aren't they just beautiful?
And finally, the poultry display!  This handsome devil just begged to have speech bubble - see the results on my Facebook page - let's call it a bit of healthy procrastination.  He was a very happy and friendly chap compared to the one in the cage opposite.  It scratched madly on the floor and waved its wings menacingly at Joe and I when we looked at it - not great pet material at all!

How was your weekend?  Is it show time in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but I didn't make it to any this year...but fiber festivals...still have bone this coming Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fibre festival sounds lovely - hope you enjoy it!

      Delete