Wednesday 22 October 2014

blooming marvellous!

Gah!  All the roses are opening, our penstemons (top right) are just about to burst and the orange tree is filled with blossom and baby fruit - perfect photographic material!  For such a time of growth, however, the lawn is already starting to dry out with flushes of heat and no rain.  We won't water all the grass over summer, so we'll enjoy the patches of green while they last.  Must make mention of our Chicago Peace rose (bottom left) and Woburn Abbey - both new to the garden this year and alive with colour - just love them!

What roses make your heart sing?  Any recommendations for next year?

6 comments:

  1. A glorious time of year, all that colour! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks glorious, Lucy, very inviting. I absolutely love roses that have a strong scent, but am embarrassed to say I know none of their names :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabelle! I'm only good on names when the roses have a label attached! I love the strongly scented ones too.

      Delete
  3. I am afraid I don't know my roses.... I only have one in my garden but often go to the Botanic Gardens, they have a scented rose garden. Marvellous. Looking out of my window I wish I could fast forward to Spring! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a rose gardens near us with labels on the plants - very handy! I've taken pics of flowers and signs so I know which ones to put on my list. I can't get enough of some of the scents, they are amazing.

      Delete