Monday, 29 September 2014

tulip fever

You would think I had gone out and hunted down these tulip bulbs myself with the excitement I've been feeling about their beautiful blooms.  I've taken countless pictures of them at different times of day, enjoying them under the bright midday sun as much as I do under the last glow at the end of the day.  I'm sure my neighbours are thinking 'here she goes again' but honestly, if you'd seen our front garden this time last year - pretty much a bare patch of lawn - you would be amazed too!
As there are so few of them I have refrained from picking them, but Jono raced in and nabbed this one. He proceeded to pull it apart, the image of which I posted on Instagram entitled 'Tulip Deconstructed', boy aged 3 1/2, a modern artwork.  I will concede that it does look rather lovely, but I would have preferred it in tact!  What do you think?!

Editing, editing, editing here.  I'm just about at the end!  My synopsis is polished and the next stage will soon be underway.  Exciting stuff but also nerve-wracking!  How are things with you?

6 comments:

  1. He does look a bit cross with the tulip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can imagine that pulling it apart was a natural progression!

      Delete
  2. I agree there is something special about tulips, the simple, strong shape, and variety of colours are very beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just amazing! Look forward to adding more to the garden, maybe out the back so I'm not making such a show of myself taking their pics all the time!!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Very busy over here. Lots of school work - and only about 4 hours max. per week to work on my novel (I'm at page 200, but have loads of work to do).

    May just say the flowers are beautiful - though of course I'm always partial to tulips ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to juggle everything, but 4 hours a week is a great start! Best of luck with it all.

      Can imagine you're partial to tulips, you must have some great eye candy where you are!!

      Delete