Thursday, 11 September 2014

made with love: the snowman and his faithful companion

Today my daughter Sophie (nearly 8yo) would like to tell you the story of latest ceramic creation...
The snowman has a cute pet dog.  Also the snowman has a little hat.  I also made a sleigh for the snowman to sit in.For the arms I used two twigs.  In my art at school I love to make new things with clay!  Once I even made Olaf from the movie Frozen.  Another time I made a little girl at the beach waiting for the ice cream van!

What's everyone been making at your house?!

8 comments:

  1. I love your work Sophie, you must feel very happy when you are making such beautiful things. Love Nanna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this just heart-warming. My boy especially loves to make things from clay. This week: a giraffe, a turtle, and a cat. I'm always surprised how beautiful and detailed children's art can be xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying clay creations in your part of the world Isabelle! It must be completely absorbing for them to get so involved with these projects and put so much effort in.

      Delete
  3. They are so cute! My girls loved working with clay. I still have things that are years old that they made. I could never part with them. They think it is very embarrassing for me to keep them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so impressed you have your kids creations all these years later! These pieces all come home unfired (no kiln at school) so I don't know how long they will last… best to take pictures while I can!

      Delete
  4. Those are fab! You really need to get that family kiln ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Elli! Will have to vicariously enjoy your work in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete