Thursday, 18 September 2014

kids on kids: 5 art tips

Inspired by my post on 5 editing insights, Sophie was keen to share her top 5 art tips for kids.  Whether applied to art at school or home, this is a great spin on the usual tips for kids which are often written by adults.  Instead, we are gifted with an insider's point of view, a kid on kids if you like.

These simple tips should help instil all the confidence required for a happy future in art:

1. Art takes time

2. Don't rush with your art

3. Always make sure you're doing it the right way

4. Help your friends when they're stuck on something

5. Art makes people feel nice

14 comments:

  1. I love it. Especially the helping friends part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how 1 and 2, and 4 and 5 work together. She has said the same thing twice. It is clever of her to reinforce her message like this.

    Thanks for sharing this with #thankfulthursday xS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sarah, Thank you for coming to visit and for hosting Thankful Thursday. I was so delighted Soph wanted to share something so important for her and yes, lovely to see the message being reinforced. Look forward to catching up again! Cheers, Lucy

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Ann, they're sweet aren't they? Soph is only 7 1/2 so they are very insightful for her age!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know! I think we can underestimate them at times, lovely to think that these snippets of advice came unbidden and unprompted, just something Soph wanted to share.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think they could apply to life in general, don't you Penny?!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, another generation of amazingness!! As I read I was thinking, wow Lucy, amazing, especially the bit about helping your friends. Then I read on. I applaud you Sophie and think your friends are pretty lucky people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! Soph loved reading your comments and would like to thank you for commenting. She likes the bit about helping friends too xox

      Delete
  7. I did comment yesterday but must have forgotten to do the second step. Sophie is an artist in all senses of the word. She just creates WHATEVER is in her mind, creating so creatively all of her ideas. And I love that she helps her friends when they are stuck. A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly knows how to achieve her vision! Hopefully something that will stay with Soph for life, no matter what she does!

      Delete