Tuesday 12 August 2014

photo printing recommendations - help!

We celebrated a special birthday over the weekend and I had three of my favourite photos printed for the occasion.  They were all taken at the home of the person for whom the celebrations were held and were a great success.  I have loved seeing them in print so much I'm keen to get more of my photos blown up and put into frames.  But therein lies the rub: who to use?  What paper should I choose?  There seems to be fine art prints in cotton rag or giclee, printers located throughout Australia, both near and far.

Over to you readers - have you had your work printed to fine art quality?

Who did you choose and why?  

Thanks in advance for your help!

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I have no experience with this.
    Your framed photos look wonderful, though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anyway Isabelle! I was delighted with the frames and can't wait to get some done for home. Have found out a local printer (new to town) so I will pop in and make enquiries about fine art printing through them...

      Delete
  2. I need this answer too. I've use the photo store connect to my Mac before but they quality wasn't what I wanted. errrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was the same with some I had printed on canvas online - colour was okay with greens and darker colours but the pinks weren't right… Have found out there's someone local now, so I'm going to check that out.

      Delete