Wednesday 13 August 2014

back to the faber academy - arnold zable

I'm delighted to be heading back to the Faber Academy at Allen & Unwin, this time for a story telling workshop with Arnold Zable.   I remember Cafe Sheherazade as being beautifully written, his wonderful tale of the Melbourne cafe and the lives of its owners and patrons.  I can't believe I'm going to get the chance hear insights from such a master of his craft - a very exciting opportunity.  The course outline says it will focus on both fiction and non-fiction, so it will be really worthwhile.  I'll let you know more once I've been!

Have you attended workshops with your creative heroes?  If so, I'd love to hear more!

Have you read Cafe Sheherezade or anything else written by Arnold Zable?  I can remember loving it so much, I'd consider it a must read.  Track it down and let me know what you think!

8 comments:

  1. I've never attended a writing workshop, but would love to do so.
    Looking forward to hearing all about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really got so much out of the last one (on publishing) and thought why not do this one too?! Look forward to sharing more about it.

      Delete
  2. A writing workshop sounds fantastic. Enjoy every minute! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky thing, he is one of my favourite authors and also favourite voices on refugee issues. I can't wait to hear what he is like in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be really interesting to hear from him, look forward to telling you about it!

      Delete