Monday, 7 July 2014

hanging it up - tom's bedroom

When I answered Tom's SOS to help find the Lego police van door yesterday, I realised it was time for drastic action.  Time to clean up those bookshelves, pick the pencils up from under the desk and sort out the school bag and sports clothes - oh, and get those pictures up on the wall!  Since Tom and Jono swapped rooms, there hasn't been a moment until now to do those finishing touches.  A joint effort yesterday between Joe, my step-father and I resulted in a room makeover any boy would love.
Room for Lego on the shelves (hmm looks like the bottom left one needs a bit more work!) and a boy who's tall enough now to reach the books on top - perfect.  Tom's finally got his map of the world back up and can dream of the places to which he'll travel when he's older.  Jono and Sophie are very impressed with Tom's room and can't wait until we pay the same attentions to their own.  So confident his room will be a great success, Jono said last night that his room's going to be better than Tom's - classic comment from a 3 1/2 year old!

And guess where the Lego van door was?  In the bookshelf!  I wouldn't have thought to look there...

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, Lucy. So glad to have discovered yours - will be coming over regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your reads - it's been great to find that link-up!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lucy, thank you so much for visiting my blog, I have been having a little look around your lovely blog and am glad to have found you! Like Isabelle, I will now be a regular visitor! I have two boys and their rooms are a bit of a nightmare too, Tom must be thrilled to have everything so organised and accessible now; great photo's too X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming to visit Penny! I need to get my blog reading updated for all these new blogs too!

      Delete
  3. I love that picture of the coloured pencils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was a present for Tom from one of my sisters - it's so nice to finally have it up on the wall!

      Delete
  4. Is there anything better than a room makeover. I used to love it when my mum did this for me as a child. Everything would be in place and I would just sit in there and take it all in not wanting to touh anything or mess it up. My kids are the same - they love it when we update their room... actually they love it when I just tidy it up too lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that's where my room makeover addiction began too, in my own bedroom! My husband looks a bit nervous when he gets home and finds that glint in my eye, wanting to move things around. This week I'm calling in Tom to help me in the garage - I'm getting sick of not being able to find anything...

      Delete