Friday, 11 July 2014

a virtual basket of flowers - in other places

It's raining again, which is lovely of course for those who need it, but it's somewhat challenging for the school holidays.  We're going to snuggle up and stay indoors reading, watching movies and playing games.  I've already slotted in an editing session this morning and hope to get back to the computer later this afternoon.  I'm planning on folding the washing and listening to the latest podcast from Allison Tait and Valerie Khoo whose weekly podcasts for Australian Writers Centre are fabulous.  I'm also hoping to finish Sue Monk Kidd's The Invention of Wings, which I've just loved.  Great to find another must read so soon after finishing We are called to rise.  If you enjoyed The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert, I think you'll really enjoy The Invention of Wings.

As usual, I've come across many great links during the week via Facebook, Twitter and other blogs.  Here's a few I hope you'll like:

* 5 Mistakes Writers Make - remember, it's down to YOU at the end of the day, not just the selling and writing, but your authenticity too…

* A review of More than Honey, a brilliant documentary we watched during the week showing the disturbing decline of bees and the impacts already being felt around the world

* Jodi Gibson's Why I Write Post - an lovely insight into her writing process as part of this current meme.  Jodi has kindly tagged me next, so I'll be putting something together over the next few days

* Therese Creed sent in an unsolicited manuscript and was published!  There's hope for us yet!

What have you found to read this week?  Please leave a link in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Oldie but goodie to go along with the post. Can't wait for ours to bloom this summer - did I tell you we bought 20 bare rooted roses?!

    ReplyDelete