Wednesday, 16 July 2014

a room with a view: hot-desking at home

I took my work and moved to Tom's room to edit yesterday morning.  I sat at the desk and read it aloud, scratched in more changes and continued to refine my manuscript.  I'm currently using a windowless workspace (bottom right) and covet both the boys' bedrooms as they face the back garden - very wintery and bleak at the moment, but views and natural light all the same!  It's a form of hot-desking at home - moving around the house when I don't need to be stuck in front of the desktop.  An ideal solution - the boys can keep their bedrooms and I can share their view!

Do you work from home?  Do you hot-desk or do you have a fixed workspace?

6 comments:

  1. What's hot desking? Is it a mean thing to do? Do you eat beans beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! It's when you don't have a set desk or office and you either book in time to use it or share on a regular basis. I think your version could be equally applicable, although I never eat baked beans!

      Delete
  2. My kitchen table is my desk, also my workbench/laundry-pile accumulator/ baking surface/reading spot, oh and yes, we sometimes use it for meals! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen table is a versatile space! Glad it sees the occasional meal!!

      Delete
  3. I teach high school three days per week and spend two days at home writing. I am very, very lucky to have a lovely workroom with dito view (one of the reasons for moving to this house a couple of years ago). I like the look of your house, though (from what I can see of it) - it reminds me of the house I grew up in in NZ. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 days home writing sounds wonderful, as does the workroom! Thanks for comments re the house, hope it doesn't make you homesick!

      Delete