Friday, 27 June 2014

Links for writers June 2014

Since joining Twitter, I've found another great repository of information for writers.  Opportunities, tips, authors, agents, publishers, book stores, journalists and more.  Who knew?!  Here's a round-up of some of the best links from June 2014:

* The growth of the regional writers festival - I can't wait for this one...

* Cheat sheet from the Emerging Writers Festival Author Development Skills workshop

* Know your marketplace at Writer Unboxed

* Choose health, happiness and creativity: start by taking a deep breath

* The Thawley Prize celebrates modern Australian success.  Entries between 1000-2000 words due 31 October 2014

* The Australian Writers Centre podcasts with Valerie Khoo and Allison Tait.  I've finally been able to listen to these fabulous productions, jam-packed with information.  I'm currently working my way through the back catalogue - make sure you listen with a pen in hand as there are heaps of fantastic tips!

* RTE Guide/Penguin Ireland Short Story Competition 2014 - entries welcome from around the world due 31 July 20

* QWC/Hachette Manuscript Development Program 2014

* Time's list of 30 incorrectly used words that can make you look horrible - best I ever heard was 'I always held him in the highest of steam'...


And if all that writing and reading leaves you craving something a little sweet try this, healthy homemade chocolate recipe.  My step-father found it and it's in hot demand!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't social media just the most awesome source of connections. I love the way you can pretty much connect and get information and find like minds for anything you are interested in. I am off to check out that homemade chocolate cause THAT totally interests me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is amazing isn't it?! I thought I was pretty good at tracking down information before I joined twitter, then discovered this whole other world! Hope you enjoy the chocolate, it's worth a try!

      Delete