Twitter, I've found another great repository of information for writers. Opportunities, tips, authors, agents, publishers, book stores, journalists and more. Who knew?! Here's a round-up of some of the best links from June 2014:
* The growth of the regional writers festival - I can't wait for this one...
* Cheat sheet from the Emerging Writers Festival Author Development Skills workshop
* Know your marketplace at Writer Unboxed
* Choose health, happiness and creativity: start by taking a deep breath
* The Thawley Prize celebrates modern Australian success. Entries between 1000-2000 words due 31 October 2014
* The Australian Writers Centre podcasts with Valerie Khoo and Allison Tait. I've finally been able to listen to these fabulous productions, jam-packed with information. I'm currently working my way through the back catalogue - make sure you listen with a pen in hand as there are heaps of fantastic tips!
* RTE Guide/Penguin Ireland Short Story Competition 2014 - entries welcome from around the world due 31 July 20
* QWC/Hachette Manuscript Development Program 2014
* Time's list of 30 incorrectly used words that can make you look horrible - best I ever heard was 'I always held him in the highest of steam'...
And if all that writing and reading leaves you craving something a little sweet try this, healthy homemade chocolate recipe. My step-father found it and it's in hot demand!