Thursday, 15 May 2014

spider crochet

On mother's day we woke to a heavy fog.  When I finally pulled myself out of bed, I was rewarded with these delicate works gracing the almost-bare autumn branches of my purple crabapple.  There were three webs in total (see below) each dotted thickly with dew and spaced with great intent.
Perfectly crocheted, these webs showed starkly against the bare green fence - our next major area of work in the back garden.  I took countless photos, trying to get them all focussed and in the shot at the same time.  The slight angles of the branches and lack of a tripod made this more difficult than I thought.
From this aspect, the webs aren't as easy to see, but they have a far more attractive background!  I'll be keeping my eye out to see if it happens again and use a tripod next time.  It always seems much quicker to run outside without one, but then it takes longer to focus and without such crisp results...

No comments:

Post a Comment