Wednesday, 2 April 2014

the writer's edition: month 12 check-in

This post could be subtitled 'The Kinder Myth', explaining my absence from the computer, both blogging and writing.  We've all had a run of bad health - nothing serious, but enough to be keeping us from our commitments.  I'd forgotten about these early years of the education system, when little immune systems aren't as strong as they could be and kids seem to pick up everything on offer!  The result: my manuscript continues to grow, but slowly.  Word count is sitting on 58,790, which is a reflection of the editing and rewriting that's occurring at the moment.  There's not going to be any major changes to the structure from now on - it's more the fine tuning stage that I've reached…  and it could take quite some time!

4 comments:

  1. I remember when Hugo first started and thinking of all the things I would achieve.... you will though and I am sure sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's just a matter of changing plans - adapting to what the year is becoming, rather than what I thought it would be!

      Delete
  2. This is a frustrating time for you but it will pass! I'm sure the writing is bubbling away at the back of your mind all the time and it will flow freely when you do get that precious time again. And before you know it the little fellow will be at school and there WILL be writing time. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will bubble away nicely and not spoil on the stove!! And now, just time to enjoy my little mate.

      Delete