Wednesday, 16 April 2014

autumn garden love

Could there be a more perfect time to work in the garden?  Blue skies, warm days, soft light.  It's just amazing!  We made the most of a beautiful weekend and set to, laying mulch (just out of view, photos to come) and starting another new garden bed.  Here's a glimpse at what I'm loving right now - a stunning plectranthus cutting Joe propagated - I can't get enough of it!
 This rose - Joyfulness - was one I found in the nursery's orphaned plant section.  It was looking well and truly miserable until I brought it home and cut it back - just look at it now!  I've resisted temptation to pick this bloom as it looks so gorgeous outside.
These new dahlias and chrysanthemums have filled a bare gap along the fence line.  I'd meant to spread them out a bit more, but as they sat together waiting to be planted out, I could see they needed to be put in the ground en masse.
The bees are loving them too!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Autumn is hands down my favourite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jodi! And finally, the leaves are starting to turn!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. Our flowers are well and truly gone, but the autumn leaves are starting. Love the beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I did have to buy these flowers in, but they were worth putting in the ground for next year!!

      Delete
  3. Loving your red bedheads in the garden. Gorgy1 I have a bedhead in my garden too. I don't think a garden's complete without one;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! They're lovely aren't they? There are two larger ones which I've put behind our own bed, leaning against the wall. One of those things I need to take photos of, but haven't had yet had time!

      Delete