Friday, 21 March 2014

for the love of dahlias

Beautiful bright dahlias are colouring our world!  These images represent the small handful I have growing, to be added to in time.  
Wherever they sit in the house they look delicious  - in the kitchen... 
 …  living room, looking out to the back garden...
 … or just sitting on the tiles catching the afternoon sun...
 Hope they brighten up your day too!
PS.  This was meant to be a much longer post, but this little man has been on my lap demanding cuddles and kisses - how could I refuse?!

14 comments:

  1. I love, love love them, the colours are gorgeous and your photos are beautiful! I used not to like them and now I don't understand why! They come at the end of the summer when the garden can look a bit tired so an extra bonus! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're loving them now, can't understand how you could have not liked them before?! Lucky they're back on your radar, you'll have to get some for your new garden!

      Delete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous. I love dahlias. Thanks for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I just love them, have been scouring dahlia suppliers to see what I'll purchase when funds permit!

      Delete
  3. I've never grown them but they look so lovely. Photos are great as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Avril, lovely to hear from you! They don't seem to need much attention - just watering so far. I will just have to wait and see…

      Delete
  4. They're just gorgeous; so colourful and what a beautiful vase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really made a beautiful addition to the kitchen.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting - you can understand why I had to take so many photos!

      Delete
  6. You simply could not refuse cuddles from that gorgeous little cherub xx

    ReplyDelete