Friday, 18 October 2013

afternoon tea

The kids came home with holes the size of bowling balls in their stomachs earlier this week.  A quick flick through the Women's Weekly Biscuits and Slices book and it was on - baked chocolate slice.  Tom and Soph made quite a team, although fights over licking the bowl ensued.  One had the slice mix bowl, the other, the icing...  And mum had to try a little herself!  This was their first joint effort at cooking and hopefully something that will continue.  By Tom's age, I was baking cakes by myself, so I feel remiss I haven't let him run wild in the kitchen before now.  If the slice was anything to go by, I will be encouraging Tom's (and Sophie's) presence in the kitchen a bit more regularly!!

PS.  Sibling bliss is often short-lived.  The next day, Sophie cut their pieces of slice to take to school and was quickly accused of short-changing her brother.  I stepped in, adding a couple of extra bits to make sure each received the same size.  Then Sophie was upset because she thought Tom was getting more...  I took out the scales and weighed their servings and that was the end of that!

PPS Help!!

4 comments:

  1. Remember the rule - one cuts and the other chooses. I love that one. It makes Archie get out the ruler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but that still didn't work - I had to get out the scales!!

      Delete
  2. Sibling bliss lasts about as long as their wanting something at my place. I simply do not have the kind of kids who worship their siblings, rather they prefer to be mean to each other all day. Mind you, nobody else had better say anything mean about a sister or brother!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how it rolls here - and admittedly, it was the same when I was growing up, but am now very close to my siblings!! Maybe the recipe between them is right after all?!

      Delete