Monday, 23 September 2013

the colour coded bookshelf - want, want, want!

Have you fallen for it too?  The colour coded bookshelf?!  The bane of people who like to sort their books into genres (for they seem to have no colour boundaries), you will find yourself fossicking through your bookshelves to create a kaleidoscope of colour and intent.  My mum and step-father are on the move and we're been helping to declutter - I'm sure my work on mum's bookshelves in her study will sell the place!
I kept it simple - just the blue, red and green - and was able to merge excess books into two other sets of bookshelves in the house.  I just love how it looks and will have to vicariously enjoy it while I still can - we only have one set of bookshelves in use at the moment and they're in Tom's room.  I'm hoping that one day we can have something similar to these shelves, also incorporating my computer and office 'stuff'.
It's amazing what a great effect it has for not too much work - and it creates such a restful scene with them all sorted further into height order.  It really appeals to my latent organised side, the one I'm trying to let come to the fore... and declutter my own house...  What about you?  Have you tried the colour coded bookshelf?  Did it last?!

4 comments:

  1. You are welcome to come and do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to! Hope you have lots of different colours... hah hah!

      Delete
  2. i've never done colour coded but I do height order (so sad of me!). it looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to do some height order in there - and yes I usually do it in my own book shelves too - it's not sad, it just looks better that way!

      Delete