Monday, 5 August 2013

the writer's edition: month 5 check-in

The leaps and bounds I'd hoped to make this past month have been largely affected by poor health.  I find this time of year is a real challenge, whether it be having kids home sick from school or else being unwell myself.  In fact, it was at this time of year Joe and I looked at each other and thought that three children really was enough, we couldn't manage having to deal with four sick kids in winter!  Snotty noses and sore tummies make for wonderful birth control!!!!!!!!  Anyway, the impact of poor health on my writing has meant I'm only just over 57,000 words and I haven't got as far as I'd hoped with my editing and re-writes.  I have transferred my manuscript into a folder though, with each chapter in a separate section.  This makes it easier to edit and work on my chapters as  I prefer editing by hand, then transferring those changes back to the file on the computer.  

Please cross your fingers that the winter lurgies flee and that the next month brings great health and productivity!  Until then...

4 comments:

  1. I love those little hands. Hope you get better soon because some of us need a good book to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, looking forward to getting it further down the track... and finished!

      Delete
  2. It will soon be spring and you'll all bounce back with energy and enthusiasm. Your writing sounds like it is entering a new phase. Think of all the work you have already done to get to this point. Pretty impressive right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring - I can't wait! Just those little hints of sunshine and better health. And thanks for your words of encouragement Avril, it's so good for the soul!

      Delete