Monday, 26 August 2013

later winter outtakes

It's lovely to look out the living room window at my budding flowers - a great distraction from the continued lurgies that are lurking in our home.  Last week I had my first ever trip in an ambulance, courtesy of a small one's croup.  It was described as mild to moderate, but enough to keep us in hospital overnight (I would hate to see moderate to severe croup, this bout scared me as it was...).  It's been hard to make plans and stick to them with either one or all of the kids sick over the past little while, so it's become easier to just let each day happen as it comes.  It's life with plenty of outtakes at the moment, like the spilled water on the bench and the flowers knocked out of their vase...  Beautiful, yes, but not as planned!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty - I wish I could smell them... the flowers, not the sicknessessess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't thinking smelling the sicknesses would have been a good idea. Touch wood, health on the improve... don't want to jinx it though!!

      Delete
  2. Pretty flowers. Croup is scary I know, my almost 10 year old still gets the barky cough a little, but not the terrible breathing, I had lots of nights sitting in very hot steamy bathroom with him when he was younger. Roll on summer I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! I'm hoping Jono will grow out of it, no good to hear it still lurks in your family now!! Yes, am hoping these warmer days will kills these germs for once and all - fingers crossed!

      Delete