Wednesday, 19 June 2013

writing milestones: 50,000 words

I've passed a major writing milestone the past couple of days, reaching over 50,000 words in my manuscript.  I've now taken myself all the way back to the start and am going through the laborious process of sorting the text into the right sequence.  There is a framework at the start and it is numbered into chapters, but as I went along I just typed what I needed to on the day.  Now, it's getting down to the nitty gritty.  I want to sort what I have and evaluate the content - what will stay and what's going to end up on the chopping block.  Argh!  I need my next 40,000 words to shape what I have already, if that makes sense.  Some parts have been written in brief, just to get the idea on paper, so to speak.  Now, they will either be fleshed out and receive more detail or edited out altogether...

2 comments: