Saturday, 22 June 2013

orchids and poppies and writing

The week ended with lovely full-stop lunching with good friends - one of whom gave me these beautiful orchids.  We sat around the table and shared news, ate delicious food and lapped up a moment of togetherness.  It's been a busy week.  I paused on the poppy making to get stuck into promotion.  We're having fabulous feedback in our county town and getting more partners on board.  It has been met with such overwhelming enthusiasm and we've already received our first bag of knitted poppies.  May there be many more to come!
Writing-wise it's been a real achievement this week to reach 50,000 words.  It's made me start doing a bit of searching around the internet, wondering which publisher to first send my work.  Yes, it is still a long way off, but the publisher has to be the right fit or it's not really even worth making contact.  Once my manuscript has been sent off to a publishing house, I plan to start on my second manuscript the very next day.  I am aware it could take a few efforts for my work to get picked up - if ever!  Nevertheless, I am just going to keep trying - and in acknowledgement of that, I started planning my second manuscript this week.  I had to drive to another town and found driving gave me the perfect opportunity to think through a plot outline.  Now I'm hoping it will germinate and be ready to come out sometime later in the year, if not early 2014.  Onward and upward!

6 comments:

  1. A lovely post. The orchids are beautiful! I'm glad the poppies are coming in AND you have made your 50,000 words. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Elli! I'm delighted but also hesitant, thinking that when I get to the nitty gritty of editing, I wonder how many of those words will be chopped out!

      Delete