Friday, 7 June 2013

and who will lick the bowl?!

Jono and I baked yesterday morning - strictly out of necessity as it's all contraband around here.  You can't imagine the temptation that lay in my kitchen - delicious Anzac biscuits and chocolate brownies and not a one of them sampled by yours truly.  I have one of those birthdays ending in '0' coming up in December.  Oh, what did you say?  A 3 in the front?!  How flattering, but no...  a 4!  It's enough to spark fear in my heart, thinking I must be healthier or it will be all downhill from then...  we will wait and see.  So until then, I''ve dared myself to keep away from lollies, junk food and alcohol.  And if I win?  A big shopping spree on clothes and new shoes.  Please, wish me luck!  I've gone a week and a half so far and let me tell you, that's no mean feat!  As long as I don't have to bake too often, I will be fine!

PS I have two favourite chocolate brownie recipes - one made from real chocolate and the other from cocoa.  The latter is what I made for the sale - Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies recipe and is delicious!  But for really special occasions, the recipe with real chocolate comes out.  Best to wait til December then and I will post the recipe.  It will be too tempting to look at it before then!

PPS Of course it was Jono who licked the bowl, I didn't even accidentally let my tongue touch the spoon.

2 comments:

  1. I love the chocolate nose! There is something very satisfying in licking the bowl, a tradition passed down from mother to child! I remember...
    Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looked so cute, not so cute perhaps when he started running around the house in his full chocolatey glory!

      Delete