Wednesday, 5 June 2013

a surprise in store - more Flanders poppies... papercraft, crochet and digital!

I bet when you clicked on my blog today, you were really surprised to see Flanders poppies!  Ha ha!  Well our window display is now installed in the main street and hopefully that will inspire our community to get on board with our Remembrance project.  Included is this papercraft vase of poppies, plus the crocheted ones that featured earlier and more.  We also have an article in this week's paper featuring pictures of Sophie and Tom doing their bit to help - a real family affair!  Tom and Joe planted a border of Flanders poppies in our garden on the weekend, so hopefully they grow and become part of our town's poppy trail.
 This mug and bowl are minus their poppies - I only had time to finish them last night as is.  It was too late to make their poppy adornments, but they are to become friends with the poppy plate I featured on yesterday's blog.  They are a little bit wonky, but it's all part of the learning process - that's how I justify it anyway!!

And here's a snippet of the poster I designed to promote the poppy project, a digital trail of Flanders poppies.  I am delighted with them - a real departure from the first draft of the poster I completed, which was a bit dark and just not right.  I love pushing myself creatively and seeing what happens next... all very exciting stuff.  We've had an overwhelming response to our project as a whole so far and it's only been a week since its inception.  Just goes to show how when things are right they quickly build their own momentum - exhausting as it is!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to have a tea party with my little boy!

4 comments:

  1. This is all brilliant! You must be so pleased with all that is happening. I love the idea too that people could plant the Flanders Poppy in their gardens as Tom and Joe have done in yours. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has had a great response. I hope the poppies grow now! They will be fabulous to look at through the office window.

      Delete
  2. So exciting Lucy - and may I please come to the tea party too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we'd love you to come! Jono served tea and chocolate cake - it always seems to feature! I was then commandeered to play in his room - taken in and told to sit down - very cute! Otherwise he pulls Minnie in there and shuts the door - I do step in to rescue her though!

      Delete