Wednesday, 1 May 2013

the shock of a clean house - if only for a day!

Don't you love it when you walk into your house and catch it behaving?  This is what happened to me yesterday, having spent the day cleaning madly so we weren't caught with crap lying around everywhere when visitors came a-calling.  I had deluded myself into thinking that a new house couldn't possibly get messy, but that theory has gone by the wayside....  Anyway - clean!  It lasted this way until the kids came home from school and sand was stomped through the house, lego scattered all over the rug and half-chewed apples left to decorate the kitchen bench and table...
But gosh I loved it while it lasted!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great - never lasts for long though does it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the moral support. That fleeting moment of cleanliness was what drew me to get my camera!

      Delete
  2. It is so recognizable.

    This kind of shock happens to me always when the cleaning lady has been in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh would love the cleaning lady part! I'm afraid it's just me!

      Delete
  3. I'm a bit puzzled here: has your home really been in a magazine or does it only seem this way?

    Or have you got your own stone fruit magazine?
    Please help me out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Brigitte

      Sorry to confuse you! I do some graphic design from home and decided I would inject a bit more of a magazine style to the photos in my blog. Sometimes I add in headlines too - it's just my sense of humour!! Hope that clears it up for you!

      Cheers

      Lucy

      Delete