Saturday, 18 May 2013

the neapolitan icecream crochet cushion - a work in progress

Didn't you just love neapolitan icecream when you were younger?  We did, apart from the strawberry, which kind of defeated the purpose!  But it always looked so pretty sitting in the container and I certainly liked the idea of the pink icecream, if not the taste!  This cushion is an ode, of sorts, to the perfect mix of icecream colours, plus an extra pink to add to the mix.  It's all from Bendigo Woollen Mills - wool I already had and it's not bad on my hands...  but again, whinge, not the beautiful strengths of colours from my old favourite Zara.
I've been making this over the past couple of nights and only have a few rows to go of the back.  The cushion which it will cover is only smallish, so it's been the perfect start for me with crocheted cushions...  another new crochet addiction!  It's just so nice to sit down at night and work on a project that's not for the long-term!  My sister Kate suggested I try making a few, now that I've mastered granny squares.  I have another three cushions to cover, so you know what I'll be doing over the next week or so!

10 comments:

  1. You are kicking goals, beautiful! Love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, as soon as you mentioned neapolitan I thought of our fridge back in the olden days filled with icecream containers left with one pink strip down the centre. There is nothing like a crocheted cushion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you'd just eaten it! Would have been handy if someone had it!!!

      Delete
  3. i liked the pink ice cream...i think i might be weird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird, possibly quite smart really. Just imagine, the one flavour you could have all to yourself!

      Delete
  4. i've just asked my other half "Neopolitan Ice Cream: discuss". He said "I always ate the strawberry and left the others". It turns out we are both weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh! Now you'll have to share it with someone else!

      Delete
  5. Definitely only ever ate the chocolate but loved the colours - they look beautiful together in your cushion x Jane








    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I went for the chocolate too. Vanilla at a pinch. I'm thrilled with the cushion, almost finished!

      Delete