Thursday, 23 May 2013

the neapolitan crochet cushion cover: the end!

 Ta da!  Finito, completo, it's done!  I finished most of the edging last night - I say most of it as I became a bit stuck working out how to finish it off...
It all started at the back... As my one piece granny square became larger, I started to wonder how I would get the cover on and off the cushion.  Perhaps I might just crochet the whole thing together and wash it as one piece when the time came?  Or...
... perhaps I could leave one small section open and fold the cushion to get it in and out...  And it worked!  Whenever I've sewn cushion covers in the past, I've made them with envelope style openings at the back.  For a minute or two I contemplated starting the back of this cushion again and trying something similar, but now I'm glad I forged on with the granny square.  I'm sure I can add a couple of buttons if I need to, but it seems to sit straight without them.  Now I just have to make a calico liner for the cushion as you can see straight through the crochet cover to the cushion itself.  Not very attractive!
Two new projects on the go.  More cushion covers...  or somethings.  Had another idea for the pink and blue squares on the left, so they may become something else.  Hopefully I fit in a bit of crochet today inbetween cleaning the house and running around after Jono.  Fingers crossed!

9 comments:

  1. Holy macaroni - that's fantastic Lucy. And I love, love, love the two blue/pink squares on the left - they sing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There I was all bah humbug, I want my Zara, and look what happened! Not finished the blue pink project... it's in the queue!

      Delete
  2. And granny cushions have the perfect button holes already done for you! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's great isn't it Rachel! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Just perfect! So good on your couch with the other pink cushions. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. You inspired me to decorate my home with such a good cushion cover.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    Keep sharing.

    Decorative home furnishings

    ReplyDelete