Thursday, 9 May 2013

tales of the granny stripe: the end!

This week has been all about the granny stripe - hard for you to guess, I know!  And it's over, finito, finished and I'm already thinking of what's next...  try to finish some other works in progress that will be getting a bit jealous, knowing that the granny stripe skipped the queue!  I finished the blanket edge just in time to snuggle under it and watch a recording of Sunday night's episode of Call the Midwife.  Very therapeutic!
Hopefully it will endure the rigours of family life and won't end in pieces in a three way blanket pulling competition (which has almost happened once already!)...
Otherwise I will be stealing it away to my room and won't share!  But who could blame me?!  If you thought your hard work could be in danger, you'd protect it too, wouldn't you?!

6 comments:

  1. Well done! How did you keep the edges so straight - I know if I tried it would end up all wiggly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think they were as straight as they could be Elli! I think it's to do with the amount of the stitches in the border... I guess if it's a loosely worked blanket, then it needs a looser border. Single crochet stitches would be too tight for them I think. I also added extra stitches into the corners to try to keep them flat.

      Delete
  2. yummy! I would protect my blankets from danger....on the other hand, then there is a good excuse to start a new blanket project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of knitted ones on the go Avril, but am thinking of pulling one out and changing it to crochet!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Happy! And satisfying! Love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V. satisfying! And not too many pins and needles, luckily!

      Delete