Monday, 20 May 2013

sophie's birds: a fledgling business

Sophie's bird making is going from strength to strength.  She's started taking orders from her classmates during art and it's no small wonder!  They are amazing!  I love the way her little 6 year old hands are crafting these birds aplenty.  Their coloured tailfeathers finish off her work just perfectly.  I think I will have to set her to work myself!  Makes me even more desperate for a kiln, but it remains - as ever - on the long list of things to buy...  Perhaps if Sophie starts taking money for the birds at school, we could start a kiln fund!!

PS Fledgling business...  get it?!

PPS Sorry!

6 comments:

  1. I love it - you need to get a set of cards printed up from Harvey Norman for Sophie with this photo - one of my all time favourites - those birds are amazing and the light on them is insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan! I still have some of the plastic I used when I made cards, but my new printer is terrible. Why oh why did I divert from a Canon? Can't wait to be able to buy another one, then we can print them at home...

      Delete
  2. They are amazing, I think Kate's idea is great! She is certainly taking after her creative parents. Pa read the blog too and reminded me we had seen one on Mothers Da and these look even better! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you take yours home last night? We will have to get some of Joe's clay out for her to make some at home.

      Delete
  3. Hello - thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with the crochet - once you've mastered a granny square you can do anything!

    Love your photo of the chicks, they are brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, am hoping to move to the next step now the granny squares are in hand. Must learn to read patterns better,that would help!

      Delete