Wednesday, 15 May 2013

on these cold autumn days...

The granny love continues, last night using my ends of Zara...  It's been a much colder start to the week, fantastic to see some rain, but it's brought with it some icy cold weather.  I keep finding dog shaped tunnels in my bed - very frustrating when I've gone to the effort to make it, but obviously Minnie prefers it that way.  She's now snuggled up on these granny squares, having found them on the ground where I took this photo.  Cheeky girl!

Thanks for the yarn suggestions.  I rang Wondoflex in Melbourne and they said the only alternative to Zara is... Zara!  They didn't think I'd find the softness combined with range of colours in another brand.  Mum found some Heirloom Merino Magic, which I will try too.  If you think of anything else, keep the suggestions coming!

2 comments:

  1. That made me chuckle.. Wonderflex is my local yarn store. Those ladies know my name and I have spent WAY too much money in there... thank god they have a loyalty program!

    Have you considered ordering yarn from the UK? I'm going to - I use mostly sublime baby cashmere stuff and it's $13.50 a ball at wonderflex but only £4.16 which is like $7!!!!! Even with the £10 postage, it's SOOOOO much cheaper!!I use www.blacksheepwools.com

    Suzannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful wool shop Suzannah! I just love it. We live a couple of hours from Melbourne, so it's not easy for me to get there.

      I will have a look at the UK site and see the prices, sounds like a good idea!

      Cheers

      Lucy

      Delete