Tuesday, 7 May 2013

lucy and lucy's granny stripe blanket: racing to a close

Does it seem strange to name a blanket?  Well, you tell me, because every time I look at this blanket, I think 'Fiesta'!  And I'm about to have my own little celebrations now, because after all these months, my granny stripe blanket is almost finished.  I'm now on the second row of my external border and plan to do two more before I declare this work in progress complete.
I am completely in love with it - the pattern, as mentioned previously, is from the very clever Lucy over at Attic24.  It's very easy to follow, the most difficult part is at the start where you have to keep count for the foundation chain.  After that, it's just stripe after delightful stripe with do stress whatsoever!
The Zara wool has been just beautiful to work with - this accounts for all but the white, which is from Bendigo Woollen Mills.  I'm mad on the Zara colours - I wish we could get something similar from an Australian company as I would buy it in a flash!

Hopefully there will be more photos to show you tomorrow - the finished product!

8 comments:

  1. I love it. So beautiful and I adore the yellow border!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink and yellow and now the white and then the blue! All finished!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Kate. It is be nautical and would make you feel happy whether under it or looking at it! I love the yellow border too, just perfect! Love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is gorgeous. I did a blanket to the same pattern from A24 Lucy. Your colours are much nicer. I thought the initial chain and first working row was going to break my patience but after that first hurdle, it was a breeze. I'm doing Lucys ripple now - equally pleasing to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh the ripple would be pretty tricky I would think! I would love to try one, but too scared of all the counting! It was easy just to cruise along with the stripes and not really concentrate. How are you finding following a pattern? It's not my forte!

      Delete
    2. its a really easy pattern, honest. The first row will almost make you cry but after that it is a real joy to do and the stitching is nice and dense. I have to admit to occasionally ripping back a few stitches as I've gone wrong, but nothing drastic.

      Delete
    3. Sounds like something I would have to start during the day when my concentration skills were at their best!

      Delete