Wednesday, 8 May 2013

granny stripe blanket - just a little bit more to go!

 Can you see it?!  The blue edging, signifying the end of the very loooooooong process of making this blanket?!  I am nearly there!  Just one more night...  only a little bit left to go, the yellow and white rows took longer than I thought they would.
I can't tell you how pleased I am!  The poor blanket is living in a cupboard now, in case the kids manage to unravel the blue row, which is tethered rather tenuously waiting for me to get back to work...
And a close-up!  Time to run and get the kids, looking forward to sitting and listening to their school readers tonight as this work comes to an end.  See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I would so love to be snuggled under this drinking your tea right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids think it's pretty good too! They manage to all fit under with much pushing and shoving. I fear for its safety!

      Delete
  2. It is even better in real life! Very cuddley and warm...and happy! Love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and finished! Only a couple of ends to tie in from the border, but I chose to snuggle under it and watch Sunday's recording of Call the Midwife, bliss!

      Delete