Sunday, 5 May 2013

escape if only for a day - autumn in bright

 Embracing the concept of doing nothing, we took off on a day trip to Bright on Saturday.  I've always wanted to get there at this time of year to see those beautiful autumn colours.
We were not disappointed!  I took over 300 photos and would still be there clicking away, if not for having to get home...
We arrived to find the whole town mobbed - I'm not kidding!  Roads were closed, there were buses and cars everywhere, with numberplates from all around Australia.  Bright really is becoming an autumn mecca!
Unbeknownst to us, we'd arrived on the day of their autumn parade.  We soon joined the crowd and watched as community groups, schools and businesses made their way down the main street of Bright.  We particularly loved the huskies!
These super-coordinated people made spinning hoops look easy - I had myself convinced I could do it too!
There were floats festooned with floating pompoms...
 ... and pipe bands marching in time.
 I loved seeing the shadows cast by the autumn light and waited to see the full shadow appear on the concrete from this couple above - one of my favourite photos from the day.
 I loved the stone and iron in this memorial gate near the river - just stunning.
We all agreed that this town knows how to do autumn - it was a feast for the senses.  We'll be back!

2 comments: