Thursday, 2 May 2013

doing less not more - could it really be the answer?

As the mother of three children, you'd think I had the work-life-family balance sussed.  But of course I don't, because nobody does and it's impossible!  After complaining to Joe that I had too much to do, Jono was going nuts and I felt like running away, he suggested we did!  Not as in really run away, but just take Jono out for a play - go to the park or run around with him in the garden - and not to worry about trying to get anything done.  Joe's words set off a lightbulb moment for me - that I need to try and get less done, not more!  There are always going to be jobs to do, as quickly as we tick them off, more appear.  In just less than a year, Jono will be going off to three year old kindergarten and there will be a few hours or more appearing on the horizon.  Until then, I'm going to try and do less, not more.

Wish me luck!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4269033/?claim=r5akjy4krug">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Work smarter not harder - if only I could...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do less, not more and work smarter, not harder...I like that. I was a bit bogged down with STUFF yesterday so today I am going to practice your philosophy. Thanks ladies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it seems funny doesn't it?! But I really think it will help, hopefully!

      Delete