Friday, 31 May 2013

crocheting a field of poppies

I'm working on an exciting new project featuring Poppies for Remembrance.  I spent last night trying to read patterns, giving up and coming up with these little beauties.  I'll be making many more and hope to have details soon in case you'd like to join in too!  They're all meant to be Flanders poppies, however I only had a very small amount of black wool.  I've had to rather reluctantly buy some acrylic to use over the weekend - I say reluctantly because I am such a lover of wool.  I need to set up a photo for a promotion, so will need to make as many poppies as possible over the next couple of days.  More to come!

6 comments:

  1. I love the poppies, they are beautiful! I wonder what their journey is going to be....love Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope to recruit you to make some when you get home!!

      Delete
  2. The three petalled one is very poppyish! Looking forward to seeing the finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elli, that was a great help to hear actually, so I worked on that style last night, using black in the centre. The light today is terrible, so when the skies clear I'll take some photos of them.

      Delete
  3. I love them - can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I have a pattern, might need you to write it up for me!!

      Delete