Thursday, 16 May 2013

autumn comes to the garden

Our two ash trees are looking amazing at the moment, making me very grateful we built on a block that already had a few trees.  I wouldn't like to have to be starting completely from scratch - we already have enough to do in the garden!  The beautiful blue skies of mother's day are just a memory now and I doubt I'll be seeing Sophie in a t-shirt again for quite some time.  We're expecting weather in single digits over the weekend and into the start of next week - great for snow lovers, but making it freezing for everybody else!

Writing-wise, I have a target of 750 words today.  I became a little behind this week, due to having a sickie home one day and then sewing another.  Luckily I have set such a low daily target and it shouldn't be too hard to achieve...  that is, if Jono has a good sleep!

Anyway, must sign off now and write, write, write.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to see winter fading.. The colours are so rich and satisfying and each breeze flutters a few more leaves away....and then we have a coloured carpet under the trees! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of leaves under the trees again - one is almost bare now, but that will make lovely mulch for my new garden bed!

      Delete