Tuesday, 28 May 2013

40,000 words and counting!

I passed a huge writing milestone last week - the 40,000 word mark!  As I keep writing, I'm becoming more confident about telling people about my project.  I am also happy to think that when I reach the end of my manuscript, I will simply start another and another and another.  Oh yes - and hopefully get published one day!  But first...  to finish this manuscript.  I'm actually up to 41,103 words in total and this month has seen the introduction of a lovely new character and another location where the main character will spend some time.  I know I've unveiled little of the plot, so none of this will yet make sense, I'm afraid.  Perhaps when I get closer towards the end goal I will be more in a position to give little bits away!

In the meantime, it's great just to have your support and as part of the accountability process.  I do love to have those encouraging words from the sidelines, prompting me along from out in the ether.  Now, I must sign off or I won't reach today's target!

Until next time!

8 comments:

  1. if your writing was crochet....it would be quite a spectacularly huge blanket! Well done you. As you haven't given away the storyline of The Book, we are at liberty to guess what it might be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be huge wouldn't it Avril?! I'm trying to come up with a very short sentence or two to describe the basic premise - you've given me a task for my next writing check in!

      Delete
  2. that is a whole lot of words!

    Just as Avril is saying here: I'm also wandering what your book might tell.

    As it happens, I'm thinking about writing a novel myself. Would you advice it?

    Brigitte from Belgium

    http://homeiswherethedachshundis.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brigitte - please come back around the 4th of June and I will have a tiny bit to tell you about the plot then!

      As this is to be my first complete manuscript, I don't know whether I'm the right person to give advice! But if you're like me and you've spent your life dreaming of writing a book, then go for it! I am loving giving myself the time and we will see what happens from here. It's exciting to be at the half way point and see it all coming together.

      Cheers

      Lucy

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you are really in the middle of a creative flow - wonderful! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jane

      Wonderful really is the right word! I had to go over to a bigger town today and planned more of the plot on the way. By the time I got around to writing this afternoon, I'd reached about 850 words before I knew it!

      Thanks for calling by again!

      Cheers

      Lucy

      Delete