Wednesday, 10 April 2013

thrifted bar stools - too good to resist!

The pot of money didn't fall from the sky yesterday, but at $15 each, these bar stools begged to come home with me.  It was a pleasure to be able to load them into the back of our new car and not have to worry about leaving them behind for someone else to pick up.  Boot space was a must in choosing a car, and this one has it in spades.  We also fitted in other bits and pieces picked up along the way - mum's shopping, library books and a small collection of books we were given by the op shop - quite a bonus to be served by a sales assistant who said she loves to see kids reading!  The kids are loving their books - and their new stools, which they agree were a terrific find.  I've done very well justifying my purchase - I figure I've saved myself $255!  The stools I really liked - that were brand new - cost $100 each, or $300 in total...  if you consider I bought these for $45 in total, I've saved a lot of money!  Guilty of overspending?  Not me!

8 comments:

  1. They look amazing - are you sure they weren't designed exactly for your bench?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look like it! We're loving having them there, can't believe how much they've been used already!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm so glad we stopped to have a look in that shop, there's another one to add to the list now!

      Delete
  3. oooo, lovely! I do like a bargain and they look just right there. thrifty goodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril, you can understand why I couldn't just walk away and leave them in the shop. They had to come and live with me!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Elli, I will definitely be going back to that shop again!

      Delete