Thursday, 11 April 2013

the view from down here

Digital photography was invented with me in mind.  I love the freedom of experimenting with this angle and that, up high, down low - click, click, click.  Unedited, I have over 20,000 photos on my computer (backed up to an external hard drive, in case you're wondering!).  At mum's a few days ago, I crouched down near the garden gate to take this photo.  I love how the image captures this entirely different angle, looking up through the sage, the gate post with its nifty latch and the tall light, known to the kids as the moon for its brightly-lit orb.  I'm sure if I was still using film - and paying for every photo I took - I wouldn't be able to express this photographic freedom.

And one day I just might get around to whittling down the photos on the computer and printing them out, for with every upside there is a downside - printing over 20,000 photos would cost...  a lot!

4 comments:

  1. I like to think of you crouching gnome-like in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully there weren't any gnome catchers about! I was on the look out, after last time...

      Delete
  2. I wonder if this is the view the little garden lizards see...or perhaps the fairies who are sheltering there. A beautiful view from any perspective. On a philosophical note, maybe this is a pointer...things looked at from a different point of view are just as interesting or insightful, we just have to be open! Love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete