Sunday 24 March 2013

happy days

Content.  I guess that's what you'd call this feeling of being...  just being...  Such big, but little things all adding up.  Our home filled with family and friends.  Pictures on the walls.  Curtains hanging.  Knowing that this place is our very own.  I had underestimated how much that longing for home affected me.  I lived in the same place until I was 11 and since then, that's when those other 32 houses appeared.  It's tiring and unsettling.  Yesterday we worked out that even our cat has had five homes - 'He's had five because I've had six' said Tom.  It's too many.  I said we wouldn't move again.  Even if I find myself with a job in Antarctica, I will commute there - every day!  I know - yes, I know - that this is impossible, but you know where I'm coming from, don't you?

PS Another plate on the wall - a sweet, hand-painted memento to mark Sophie's birth.

8 comments:

  1. A lovely happy post...we are so glad to see you all settled in your own home, AND SURROUNDED by all our treasures, love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My treasures or yours?! Sounds very grabby to me! But yes, we are delighted to be settled too!

      Delete
  2. YOUR treasures!!! Just another seniors moment to add to the others! Love Mrs A otherwise known as Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO NOT putting any more addresses in the phone book for you again. Love me xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I moved 7 times in 12 years but since then I've been in the same house now for the last 5 years (yay!). I love my nest. (your nest looks pretty darn fab too.x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek! Bet you've enjoyed the 5 years without a cardboard box in sight. Hope I get that far and more!

      Delete