Friday 1 March 2013

happy autumn!

Summer's attractions have faded for us over the past few weeks.  It's been so hot and often humid, that we are all worn out!  Even Sophie said the other day she wished it could be just autumn and spring all the time - I kind of know how she feels now!! Except then we wouldn't have the stonefruit and where would we be without that in our lives?!
I'm looking forward to seeing the trees changing colour in our own garden and around the neighbourhood.  I first fell in love with our town during the autumn - it's one of those places you come to at this time of year and can't imagine leaving.  Mum, Tom, Sophie and I had come to buy some craft supplies and took a wonderful detour to the playground along the creek.  It was the first time I contemplated living up this way.  Little did I know that a short time later, Joe would have a change of jobs and this would become our local town.
I've already started dreaming of hearty soups and tasty curries.  I'm looking forward to the softening of the light and the shorter days.  I know in six months time I will be yearning for sunshine, blue skies and day light savings!  It just seems to have been a very long summer.  The nights have been hot and the long days have left us with very tired children who need a decent sleep.

PS Three inches of rain have seen an early start to the autumn break - arriving the last couple of days of summer.  It's very wet around where we live, however everyone is delighted to think their gardens have been saved!  I don't think many would have coped for much longer without rain.

4 comments:

  1. We need it too! I am so happy to be in Autumn too - it is my favourite time of the year. Love me xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bizarre that you need the rain too, we never think that happens! Enjoy the cooler days xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm so with you! I'm heartily sick of heat and dry conditions and no rain until a few days ago. Your photos are lovely, especially with the blue sky behind the colours. I always think the Autumn colours feed my soul. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to come up to capture some of it with your special pencils!

      Delete