Thursday 14 March 2013

365 x 250 - an achievable goal

That little bit of writing is really starting to add up!  Over the past week and a half, I have written over 5000 words - 2500 more than my goal for the same period of time.  Sure they're not all golden, Pulitzer prize winning sentences, but the thoughts are there.  It's the getting it down on paper that counts - editing comes later.  In all, I am up to over 12,000 words in total - this includes the existing story I had started writing a couple of years ago.  I'm a long way off giving sneak peeks, but the basic gist is of a fiction novel that covers the first year of motherhood.  The main character struggles for some time before being diagnosed with post natal depression - the reader will be privy to both before and after that period of time.  The trick for me, as the writer, is to ensure that I produce something that's engaging, realistic and - most importantly - something that people want to read.  Fingers crossed!

PS Flowers a housewarming present - lovely bright colours against our white backdrop!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing more! Lovely flowers! Love Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it will be quite some time before we have any previews, even for you mum! Flowers are great, hope you bring some on Monday!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know, lovely and bright! Know they're not your fave blooms though!

      Delete
  3. Lovely flower pic accompanied by continuing good news on the writing front - good stuff! Do you find it helps that you are reporting to us (and reminding yourself)how much progress you are making? It will also help if you have a day, when you are not as productive as you'd like - you can flick back through the days and give yourself a positive check on reality. I'm enjoying reading about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Avril! It does help me to report - if only to my mum and sister who are regular readers of my blog! It's also a form of accountability, I suppose! Glad you're enjoying the progress reports too.

      Delete