Wednesday, 23 January 2013

stitching the holidays away!

The school holidays have come to that point where I start counting down the days until normality returns.  I haven't been feeling 100% per cent lately, so we've been trying to keep quiet at home, which only holds so much interest for the kids.  I thought a bit of crafting would interest Soph and noticed Tom's ears pricking up - yes, he'd like to do something too.  Out with the embroidery hoops, a quick sketch by each of them and off they went.  Tom's is all black because he feels that was the colour of the time (they can have any colour, as long as it's black!), whilst Sophie's self portrait is decidedly colourful!  This took us through until about 10.30 when Jono became fraught with hunger and I felt I needed a break from being piggy in the middle, threading needles and undoing knotted thread...

How many days now?

6 comments:

  1. Oh school holidays - can't wait for them to arrive, then can't wait for them to finish. My two go back on February 4 and I think they are both looking forward to it. Me too.

    Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we think that way? At the end of term, I think if I have to get ready again for school one more morning, I will scream... and the reverse at the end of the hols?! Today was the day and I can't believe we seem to be racing towards the school bell already. It's over too fast!

      And thanks for your kind wishes, bit by bit every day I am feeling better. Hopefully school's return will mean a bit more rest which will no doubt help!

      Delete
  2. I love them Lucy - tell the kids that Aunty Kate is very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks Kate! We were going to do more with mum yesterday, but got distracted. Hopefully will finish them soon and get them up on the walls!

      Delete
  3. Tomorrow it is now!! Just think of the quiet when you walk home just with Jono! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And today it is!! Was very quiet and now he's in bed, even quieter! xoxoxo

      Delete