Saturday, 8 December 2012

dancing girl

In our old house, when Sophie's room needed brightening up, I turned to a very simple fix.  I enlarged a photo her on the computer, then printed it out and traced it on to different coloured A4 paper.  I glued the dancing girls on to stretched canvas at regular intervals, giving the illusion of motion.  It was a very effective, but cheap (!) way of bringing colour in to her bedroom.  The original photo was of Sophie showing her grandparents how she can do Irish dancing - no lessons, just learning from daddy!  I think she's a natural!

I'm hoping for a small window of time during the last week of term, so I can make a few quick and easy projects for the kids' bedrooms - any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. My suggestion is, wait until after Christmas. Put some fresh flowers in their rooms for their first night though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks! Very sensible I know, but not terribly exciting! Perhaps their clever auntie would like to help! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty and clever idea, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Penelope,

    Thank you! It was amazingly effective. Let me know if you try it out!

    Cheers

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete